PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 15:29
ozskipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEFCON4 writes

OzSkipper I think you are telling Porkies.The crew generally working on any flight to LHR and in particular P/C are the youngest and newest in the Company.The grumpy old bums usually do short trips.Spurious anecdotes undermine the general thrust of your post.
His words not mine. Whilst this is an anonymous forum I believe that my previous postings over the last few years on here have established some level of credibility. I don't engage in porkies or personal attacks, so as such I stand by my previous post.

QFREGIONAL writes

So here we have someone that has been with the company 5 minutes working in the premium cabins, just goes to show how much Qantas care for the customer. Why the waiting period for Australian based crew to apply for BFirst positions?
I agree I've only been in the company for 5 minutes - how this affects the customers in the premium cabin however, I fail to see? Unless your suggesting that I'm not fit to work up there?

I'm not in inexperienced in the employment world, I'm fully trained in Qantas's service standards and emergency procedures (I'm yet to get less than 100% on my exams) and whilst I occasionally forget a service signature here & there, I'd like to think I'm a good operator both in the cabin & galley. I'll freely admit I'm not perfect and never will be, but I don't cut corners and I make an effort to get it right.

From what I recall, there was no waiting period for BFirst when it was initially introduced (anyone could apply regardless of length of service - however, I'm open to correction on this point). In any event, its pretty obvious why there was no waiting period to apply for BFirst in London - Qantas didn't have enough experienced BFirst operators going over. Again, I reiterate my previous point that you might as well make the best of any given situation rather than bitching about it.

Anyway, I guess my point was (and still is) its not all doom and gloom over here.