PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar
Thread: Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 12:51
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Seatback -
You are wrong, Mister! $1650 is my average take home pay FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS. I'll be buggered if I am going to average all of my pays. Do I look like and accountant or something?!

That does include 8 overnights in November but that's where it ends. I guess it must be ALL that commission we are earning now!

Grove -
I must admit I was quite surprised that my average was that much... I am just glad I was finally bothered to work it out. And I just did it again and got the same answer.

I average about two Live Days per month. And work maybe one Day Off per month on average. I just make sure that I am paid ALL my Meal Breaks and Dispensations where appropriate. MANY people do not bother and that may be half their problem. I am miltant in that regard.

I reckon that all these people who think that their average pay is $1300 need to learn to count. For sure we all get pays that low but you would have to have had alot of annual leave or sick leave for you AVERAGE pay to be that low.

Many people at JQ focus only on the negatives. Like I said I hate 'The Star' as much as the next person. Though I can be objective about the whole thing!

Steve -
Start a thread entitled 'NJS' and I am sure CaptHairDryer and others will oblige you with all the NJS information you need.