PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 12:41
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR Rain:

I'll agree with you on some things, but disagree on others. I'll also allow you to vent, but why dwell on all that is bad ? There is lots of opportunity here in Dubai. A shrewd person can make some nice investments or start a business with a little time and effort.

I'm not actually a " Yank ", I'm from California and we're neutral Your information on U.S. airline pilots is somewhat skewed though, the big salaries at the majors are gone forever. The pilots remaining at my former carrier have seen a 40 to 60% reduction in pay from pre 9-11 levels. They also lost 70 to 90% of their pension in the debacle after 9-11.

I'm not a DEC and I disagree with the policy here at Emirates. In fact, I wouldn't have entertained coming here if the DEC program had been in place prior to my joining. It is probably the single worst thing they could have done to adversely affect morale.

Good guess on the Asian experience. How it correlates to the pay system here, I don't know. I made a lot more money there than I do here, alas that job disappeared with the Asian Economic Crisis.

TP