PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 08:41
gccpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Leaving Dubai

Well everyone is somehow right and each has a right to their own opinion. The truth however must be said and EK is not what it was let's say 10 years ago.

Dubai has become terribly expensive and when I see that some dare say that it is still cheaper than Europe they are totally wrong.

Dirham for Dirham indexed on it's value 10 years ago and in relation to the exchange rate we all face we are making a lot less money than we did before. Ask anyone with a morgage back home and they will tell you.

I had to take the jump and although reticent in the begining, I am actually better off. But by God was it difficult to make that decision!

You would be surprised at what is available out there... It's just that when you are within EK there is this feeling that you can't leave either because you are going to miss out or because you won't find anything and it's a false sense of belonging that is somehow enshrined within the loose knitting of the EK culture.

Whatever culture that is... There were not many girls with a daddy like Senator Ignatius!

I missed my friends, but not Dubai and it's unpersonal feel, and I laugh when I see some saying Scarlets is great when in reality we know that most "boys" hang out opposite the american hoiispital past 2330 LT, and that Scarlets is full of MMD/BHW seekers and pretentious new comers.

Mate hang in there and look around there is plenty going in the business and not necessarily with UAE carriers.