PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmed or Aeromadrid?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 08:34
Isaidleft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a student at airmed and I have to say it DOES have its problems. That said this is the same for EVERY FTO!

I found the instructors to be excellent, notably Javi, Nacho, Alvaro, Ivan and Lamberto. As a non native english speaker I had no issues with the language, nor did the native speakers i knew.

The flying was excellent, challenging but fun. Flying ILS into Mahon with A320 behind is nice feeling. Mountains provide nice scenery and challenging flying. Valencia Airport is generally very good for training with IFR and traffic etc, shame about ATC there thopugh! They seem ti make a few strange decisions.

Aircraft are OK, old but functional (sometimes!). Programme does not run smoothly all the time but that just shows flexibility to work on the whole student body. 14 months, sceptical. Management can be a pain in the rear, they dont all speak English but there is always somebody who does, notably Azucena.

MCC...remember is MCC not type rating FNPT2 is fine for MCC. Not best sim but gets the job done.

All in all I enjoyed my time there, even if i didnt realise how much until afterwards. Has its problems like all schools, have heard bad things about OAT, Cabair and Jerez too! None are perfect.

Training standard is excellent, comparable to all others, even those that trade on historical reputation!

Would I go there now? No. Simply because the reality of this damn stupid industry is arrogance and contacts. For this Oxford is the best. If I could have Airmed course with OAT job assistance and reputation then I would but that is impossible. Some companies (especially over in the UK) will ONLY take from OAT. Sad but true, hopefully this stupid process will stop.

Aeromadrid.....never been there but Ignacio Cabrera is a nice and competent guy so should be ok!