PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worst Hotels Ever!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 06:49
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the other way around, nasty crew to hotel staff. The Hyatt in Adelaide is quite nice or The Hyatt in Canberra is nice as it has huge baths!!!! I think crew need to realise though that hotel Reception or staff aren't there to be abused etc. I get totally embarassed listening to crew whinge about their room or not enough crew discount off the minibar or they didn't get a room next to their friend and all of those kinds of things!!!! We are there for minimal time, fair enough there are rules and restrictions on rooms that we are aloud to have, ie not near lifts or service doors etc, but some crew go overboard. Having been on both sides of the Reception desk i know what its like to have crew in your face ranting and raving about stupid things. All i can say is, guys hotel receptionists are basically doing the same job as us but on the ground, we all know what its like to have demands made of you and people carrying on like idiots etc so there should be no reason whatsoever to act like that to hotel staff!!! Trust me, hotel staff will go out of their way if you are nice to them, its simple!!!!! another thing, PAY YOUR DAMN MINIBAR charges and don't refill things and all those tricks as you are ruining it for all the rest of us, one of the hotels we stay at was so close to taking away all crew discounts and also removing the minibar from every F/A's room before they got there all because of a few selfish, cheap people!!!!!

On the other hand, some hotel staff have attitude problems (like some crew) and need to be told (in a polite way). There is no excuse for rudeness!!!

Oz