PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2005, 05:45
TinyBrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
predator79

I have just graduated from uni and is 26 this years. Wanted to try for the Cadet pilot programme but is afraid of my lack of working experience may jeopardize my chances of passing the interviews so i do intend to work in an aviation industry for a couple of years before submitting my application (Already filled and is ready to go)('').
Don;t worry dude.. Go for it!!... I have tons of fellow cadets all fresh grad from Uni... Lack of working experience WON'T jeopardize your chances but lack of aviation knowledge and interest definitely will...

Fortunately i found a senior position job in CAAS and hopefully by working in CAAS i can learn more things about singapore aviation industry and thus enhance my chances of being a pilot. However after finishing the contract which i am required to sign, i will be 28/29 years old(''). Is this age too old to go for the cadet pilot training??
Ermm... having job experience in CAAS does help but no guarantee in getting a place here. Do think carefully which way you want to go... If piloting is where you want to be, skip the CAAS as age really matters in SIA... I have peers as young as 19... I'm 26 too this year and already felt abit "late start"...

Hope my two cents worth of thought helps you in making a better decision.. Good luck!