PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot's sex discrimination case. (Update: Now includes Tribunal's judgement)
Old 22nd Apr 2005, 21:02
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I alluded to in a previous post, this woman was always destined to win this case. As indeed was 'Stella' who successfully sued McDonalds for providing coffee that was too hot that burnt her when she spilt it down herself. Then there was the chap who stole the car from a family's driveway in the States, drove like a maniac during the subsequent police chase, before being injured after he lost control when the brakes failed. Needless to say he successfully sued the family who 'provided' the car because it was unsafe to drive!

This 'victory' is the same deal. There are new suckers born every day - and most of them seem to have worked their way into our judicial system. I was so near to rejoining BALPA and have now decided firmly against it after I discovered that they paid for the case. This woman, who is I understand pregnant again, is a rip-off merchant. There are so many quality women out there who would just love to have her job - the difference is they would actually do it. This is almost a better deal than being on the dole - you get paid a fortune for staying at home having babies.

Sadly, by way of a contrast, the brave young men and women from both the United States and the UK who have come home from Iraq with hands, feet, legs etc missing and their hopes and dreams destroyed will not be quite so fortunate. A 'grateful' nation will hand out a few platitudes and possibly even a few bucks a week. Now had they somehow managed to get pregnant, that would have course been a completely different matter - it would only have been proper to ensure that none of their rights were voilated in any way!

BALPA have managed to argue that black is white and won - well they won't be doing it in the future with my money.