PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security delays meant 200 missed flights at DUB
Old 22nd Apr 2005, 14:13
Telstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in the Que for security for 2 hours on Sunday. It was an epic Shambles. There were two Ques with at least a thousand people in each one. It was snaked all around the terminal, back and forth, in front of doorways and passageways so everyone was pushing and shoving to get anywhere.

The Police started stopping people from entering the terminal at one stage for "Health and Safety Reasons". Only people with tickets were allowed in. I was joined by a relative who dropped me out, and we had planned to have something to eat before my flight. So we went down stairs to the arrivals lounge and there were no coppers on the door so we "snuck" in that way.

Heads should roll, but instead we get shrugs and told that there will be no improvement for the forseeable future. Meanwhile the government are seriosuly trying to tell us that they will allow the DAA to run the proposed new terminal aswell! I wouldn't let them run the bloody sweet shop.

Ireland is a small country and a good primary airport is crucial. Dublin can't wait until 2008 for a new Airport, we need it now.