PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Logbook
Thread: Excel Logbook
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2005, 11:08
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
.. you stirring the pot again, Dave ?
Not so much as stirring the pot as questioning yet another requirement which keeps us in the dark ages. I was just reading Mr Byron's directives
Where possible I want the rules to spell out the outcome to be achieved and not be excessively prescriptive.
I note the requirement for logging is totally different in the USA.

Just read a letter in today's Herald-Sun.
"...many more people are dying as a result of medical errors...I rose to deputy director and there was no assessment of my visual disability or formal performance review. This, despite what I subsequently discovered were concerns of the nursing and medical staff, including my boss." I know who needs logbooks. I know which profession could benefit from CASA's efforts.

Thanks for the logbook, Lasiorhinus, I'll trial it. I'll do more research on CASA's requirements i.e. what they have written on paper signed by some-one in authority, not just words on a website.

I can keep my logbook on a Yahoo server so that I can have access from anywhere. Backed up to my PC often so I don't lose my records. All the stamps, signed endorsements etc I'll scan in and dump into the Excel worksheet - originals kept safe somewhere rather than in my logbook which falls into the hands of other people on a regular basis. Perhaps CASA could provide a server for us all to keep our logbooks online. They could print a paper copy of everything every day and everyone would be happy.