PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another ryanair bash!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2005, 10:38
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As wheelchair costs were mentioned, may I ask a question on this 'charge/cost' issue.

It was said that RYR had to pay 18.00 for a wheel chair, tried to charger the pax etc.etc. and it was ruled that RYR & BAA should share the charge. RYR said they would add a levy to their tickets. Scare tactics, perhaps.

Recently I bolught a RYR return ticket and it included 6.36euros for insurance & wheelchair levy. (I had already opted out of the other insurance scam on the RYR booking site, whereby it is included unless you cancel it.) I do not want or need any of there insurance, but there it was anyway, and wrapped up with the wheelchair levy.

Now, RYR have a policy of a max 4 wheelchair pax per sector. If the charge is 18.00 GBP's x 4 = 72.00 = 105 euros. 189x85%(load factor) = 160 pax at 6.36 = 1017euros.

This smells of a complete scam and how the matter has been turned into a profit maker for RYR via very stealthy means. AND there is no choice, other than another carrier.

In any case, this levy is only valid for a pax who does not have a personal wheelchair. The use of airport wheelchairs is very very rare, but the charge is levied on every single ticket, wheelchairs or not.

Scandlous!! Any comments on this from within?