PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2005, 07:35
VIKING9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20-17 thanks for your input. I have been in aviation for 24 years and what I meant by my comment is that over the years, salaries have decreased considerably, but the responsibility level hasn't.

Yes it's a tough market to be in, but surely if airlines, handling agents, airport operators etc want a good quality team, they need to attract them by starting off with a good salary and then retaining them. Staff turn over at some companies is very high, no doubt because staff can't survive on poor salaries.

My point about the Doncaster jobs as an example, is that for someone with a medium to high level of responsibility should be paid more than the £13.5k on offer. Does the airport operator have the resources to be continually training staff when people leave and get replaced ?

Don't turn this into a slagging match by saying "grow up". It's an open forum and for some people who are looking for work, it's a place to hear opinions. I'm in work and relatively happy, so I'm lucky in that sense, but for those who are looking, then to hear what others say, can only assist them in their search.