PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't Do It !
Thread: Don't Do It !
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2005, 07:29
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Bae146, don't worry, Barboss is simply trying to frighten you into silence.

I've had the dubious pleasure of signing and requiring plenty of NDA's in my time. For the courts to enforce them, they must be reasonable, and the injured party needs to prove substantial material injury has occured as the result of your disclosure.

The idea that some scumbag get rich quick merchant can try and con you and then prevent you from saying what a shill you think he is, is simply wrong.

I've seen some laughable NDA's in my time, usually the longer and more hair raising they are, they weaker and stupider the proposal.

Example: An NDA from the legal team of the "inventor" of a "New" anti coagulant drug that wanted to prohibit an entire university from doing research in the same area.

An inventor of software preventing us from doing any software company startups for three years in his field.

An NDA preventing us from talking to anyone, the company's employees, suppliers, consultants or even carrying out our own research on the business proposal that had been put forward to us. We were not even allowed to talk to other companies in the field to determine this person's bona fides!

The list goes on and on.

Post all you want, the threats are empty unless you decide to take the idea and do the same thing your self - and then make a great deal of money at it - enough for Barboss to want to sue you.

By the way, the idea has to be "Novel", and not in the public domain as well.