PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAL interview : what to expect ??
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2005, 20:36
TheTwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

I would liken it to something resembling a meat market! People are queueing in and out of corridors and rooms etc for most of the morning. If you are successful during the first stage you are invited back in the afternoon for a more 'in depth' inspection! I cannot speak a foreign language but made a spirited attempt at trying to, and it seemed to work! I must admit it was pretty intimidating as they just sit behind these school teacher like desks and appear to be scrutinising your every move! I have to admit though that I did not make any attempt to interact with the rest of the 'wannabes' but it didnt seem to make much of a difference as I was selected for the afternoon 'sesh' and then got the final interview letter two days afterwards. I couldnt make that though because of an important commitment and they werent prepared to reschedule it! I was gutted at the time as I really wanted to work for them, however their lack of flexibility regarding the final interview was a bit of an eye opener. If you want my advice I would make sure you are groomed to within an inch of your life and really only express an opinion when you are asked for it!!!