PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA and Flt Dispatchers
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2005, 12:45
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take Captain101's complete posting to restate the obvious. We need to have proper legislation and it's about time "the think tank" in EASA (or JAA) look into this matter.
It is vital for pilots to understand that they must support this measure in order to have a better backup "up there".
I had email exchanges with the European Dispatcher's Association, and to be honest I saw little dynamism in their stance. They said that they had treid but there were other (stronger) forces prevailing, and? They said they'll continue to try but saw little effort.
Stay safe!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted 10th March 2005 20:45

MZFW is a STRUCTURAL LIMITATION which if exceeded will mean a broken or structurally unsound aircraft.

I find it very alarming the number of dispatchers/load controllers who are unaware of this and are happily packing aircraft full of traffic load before fueling, oblivious to the damage they could be causing to the airframe.

Conveniently ZFW will tell a pilot how much fuel he can take for a given traffic load.

This is a very worrying indication of the standard of dispatch training in the UK and definatley justifies the introduction of JAA dispatch lisencing legislation.