PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insurance- Instructors acting as commander on Private or group A/C
Old 21st Apr 2005, 12:29
homeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P1 Insurance

You require a 'Hold Harmless' and 'waiver of subrogation' to be certain of being covered by the third party insurance clauses when flying in a private aircraft. Many brokers say simply that the policy states 'any instructor' but i'm informed that the extent of cover is uncertain if you are to rely solely on such a clause and it may not mean that you will be a third party beneficiary to any claim for injury.

Here is such an insert within the policy which will suffice. We require at my club to have such an insert in the policies of all our private owners. As follows;

'Noted and agreed that the coverage heron is extended to include the Insured(s) Legal Liability to ................................ examiners whilst flying in the aircraft insured hereon during the course of their duties. Further noted and agreed to include the ............................. and/or its agents and'or its employees as Addtional Insureds in respect of the liability cover with a Hold Harmless and waiver of subrogation in their favour.'

I have never known an insurer to refuse to include the clause or to make an extra charge. Seems therefore that there is no excuse but to include the clause in the owners policy.