PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Screening of crew operating screened air services
Old 20th Apr 2005, 18:25
duke of duchess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s a joke

These security guards are trying to flex their muscle against pilots because it the first time they have been able to hassle some one in a uniform, and they love it

In Melbourne we use to walk through a vehicle access gate and airside back to our aircraft, now ever since a female SS officer in disguise decided to throw a hissy fit we cant walk through the gate, we can walk to the gate and from the gate airside but have to be in a vehicle to cross onto airside. It is so silly that I was waiting for a car to come up and the security officer in question allowed me to sit on the back of a truck to go the 30cm distance through the gate so I could then walk back to my aircraft.

I also heard of a pilot getting screened and undressed to say in frustration what do you think I am going to smuggle a bomb on my own aircraft, they had a group of APS officers waiting for them and a large interview soon followed with threats of fines and jail terms.

As a captain I don’t need a weapon to hijack my aircraft, that aeroplane is going were I decide to take it, If I said to my FO change of plan we are going here they would say ok. But there is no reason for any pilot to do that.

As has been stated the terrorists are unlikely to use another aircraft as a weapon because it is what we are expecting, the government should be looking at other ways to stop these idiots.

Keep carrying those tools of trade.