PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Cabin Crew
Thread: BMI Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2005, 15:48
monkeyhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember being told 5 years ago when I joined bmi that within 2 years we would be flying long haul out of LHR....and 5 years later.....

twisted I can just imagine the fantastic places our 'twelve new routes' will take us. I mean we already have Mumbai and Saudi as our first two, maybe we will also pick up a few other shabby routes that BA or VS decides to bin.

As for the allowences being 'close to BA' you have got to be joking!! You are talking about two quid something an hour plus a twenty quid 'longhaul trip premium'. Compare that to the dosh (£700+) a BA dolly gets for a NRT or HKG or similar.

You are right, the rosters have stabilised a bit. But it seems they have managed this by rostering the same amount of flying as a year ago but with 20% less crew! The amount of hours we work a week are a joke.

On top of that, what annoys me most about bmi is not the money, not the disruption, not the long days....it is how you are made to FEEL by the management. They are so unprofessional. Go and see them with a problem and they don't give a damn. They still have that air of 'if you don't like it there are plenty of checkout chicks at tesco that are happy to do it'.

I don't need loads of money or a BA-style 3 day, 4 sector short-haul trip (I kid you not!). All I want is to feel a bit appreciated and respected by my employer. It's not much to ask and if I had it I would give a hell of a lot back to the company. Maybe when the bmi management realise this, it will be too late.