PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK resuming DEC interviews
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2005, 10:57
Dissapointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR Man, whilst most will silently agree with you, the majority are just waiting their time in the left seat to become sufficient to apply for the next decent DEC job that shows up. My advice? put up, shut up and get the hours in as P1, then show EK where your loyalties lie by getting a decent paid job as a DEC with an agency. Remember, as an expat pilot you are not loyal, neither should you expect 'loyalty' in return. Buddy, it is you against the world and the sooner you realise that the better for you and your family. Get the time in, enjoy the fun times, but do not expect anything back from this lot.

One thing that changed my perspective was that of not becoming the victim. I am now the bloodsucker on the back of this camel, not the other way around. I am the parasite, the leech, the rash on the skin. The difference between you and the likes of TCAS is that he knew that a long time ago. He is in it for himself not you, not I, but only for him. Never expect to be protected by the likes of those that occupy the 2nd floor, but admit now to yourself that it is you to whom you are loyal to. No company, no individual is worth your time now, but your time is invaluable to yourself. Accept that and you are on the path to true enlightenment! You'd pay a lot of money elsewhere for that advice!!

Last edited by Dissapointed; 21st Apr 2005 at 19:11.