PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eco Airlines seeks green light for Brisbane-Pacific services
Old 20th Apr 2005, 04:29
Sal-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPIRB,

Air Nauru still has the Norfolk, although not directly. Norfolk Jet Express now uses Alliance but with all of Alliances tech problems, they end up chartering Air Nauru while their hardware gets fixed.
The word is Alliance is not too pleased with NJE anyway due late payments.
Last I heard, NJE is behind paying Air Nauru some $350,000, small bickies in this game but not to Air Nauru as you may understand.
As we speak, a big court case is taking place in Melbourne regarding the future of Air Nauru.
Rumour has it that the aircraft, after departing from Nauru from Australia, was called back by the President of Nauru in fear of having the aircraft repossessed by creditors once on Australian soil. After much coercing by the Chief Pilot to the Minister in charge of the airline, the aircraft took off again for Australian arriving several hours behind schedule.
By this afternoon, we'll all know the fate of this little airline.
This story, I think deserves its own thread. This was supposed to be about Eco Airlines.
I guess related in a way. Air Nauru fails, the competition won't have competition. Cheers.