PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC2 Programme looking for you
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2005, 11:43
Rote 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a couple of aspects to this that I find unusual -

Dom has stated that he is looking for people in their twenties and thirties that have accrued significant debt that the individuals parents know nothing about and then to bring in the individuals parents, along with a financial advisor to help them to resolve this debt issue.

As someone in Dom’s target age range I find the implication that my parents should have any knowledge of my financial situation absurd. Am I the only one to hold this view? I have been managing my own money for many years and the idea that my parents should have some awareness of how I manage my finances now that I am in my late twenties is ridiculous.

What is even more absurd however is the idea that I should take financial advice from them. Surely most people in their twenties and thirties are finding that the opposite situation is more prevalent and that they need to offer financial advice to their parents.

I am also somewhat surprised that someone with the sort of debts that I assume that Dom is looking for (circa £50,000) will not already have a financial advisor?

Are there really people out there of similar age to myself - with enough about them to independently arrange finance and complete a CPL/IR who need to receive advice from their mum and dad?