PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VC10 Changi
Thread: VC10 Changi
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2005, 20:46
bluetail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beagle

Without a doubt the old "funbus" was a top party machine, I recall one particular airshow at Mildenhall in the mid 90,s when I closed up my Mighty Hunter and went looking for more action, I staggered passed the old Victor and was just about to move on past the "Funbus" when I noticed the fuselage bouncing on the nose leg.

the door was shut of course, but I took my chance and knocked on it to be let in, ...............I got in..............there must have been about 100 on board, there was not a sound to be heard outside but inside it was brilliant, I was offered.......Tonic (G &T) Orange (Voddy) and Coke (Bacardi) from the front galley, together with women and a disco in top form, I had one of my mechs with me, and he couldn,t believe his eyes.

We of the Kipper Fleet allways had a good beer call at shows, but the Funbus had one advantage over us, namely the Coffee Jockey...they just new how to look after you.

I also recall a certain Tonka Nav ex POW being on board who was completed wasted, what a laugh, what a muppet (top bloke though)

Happy days.