PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2005, 17:02
ZAZOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

You know following this thread these last few days brings me to the conclusion that what we need and sadly do not have is

"A STRONG VOICE FOR NIGERIAN AIRLINE PILOTS"

If you trained in North America you must have heard of ALPA. The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA) is the largest airline pilot union in the world and represents 64,000 pilots who fly for 41 U.S. and Canadian airlines. Founded in 1931, the Association is chartered by the AFL-CIO and the Canadian Labour Congress. Known internationally as US-ALPA, it is a member of the International Federation of Air Line Pilot Associations.

The solid representation and protection of pilots in this country has to begin. I would like to know,

Is our association in existence at all here in Nigeria anymore?

1. Who represents Pilots in Nigeria.

2. Who Advocates for Nigerian Pilots Today.

3. Who looks into the safety and security of our Job.

4. Are we still part of the International Federation Airline Pilots Associations.

Gentlemen at all levels of ALPA, pilots make decisions through the democratic process. All decisions start with their pilot groups. Each pilot group consists of all the pilots at a given airline. Pilot groups exercise considerable autonomy in governing their own internal affairs, such as negotiating contracts, enforcing those contracts, and discussing issues of concern with companies!

For Nigeria everybody just de look and when something like the Virgin Nigeria requirements come up we just de make Bru haha !

FOR THE RECORD ME I STAND BY ALL OUR LOCAL OPERATORS IN NIGERIA O JARE

Zazoo

NDB17 How now, doing ok jare email me so I can send you my cell no.

Last edited by ZAZOO; 18th Apr 2005 at 17:38.