PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZFW...why
Thread: ZFW...why
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2005, 14:47
no sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know FEBA it still depresses me that our (UK airline industry) approach to the training of ground and ops staff is so poor and as if we needed any evidence, this post is a good example of the neglect of many of airlines and handling agents.

The only thing I would say to those out there who have not had adequate training is to ask for it- nae demand it, or if that fails go out and do it for yourself. Get the books, do the course, search the web and learn about the job. It need not lead to a Dispatchers licence (although that is a good thing) but do it for yourself. Trust me it will lead to greater job statisfaction and your advancement in the industry.

Learning on the job in our business is simply not enough, you must get the fundemental principles under your belt and the only way to do that is to STUDY. If you haven't got a training course to go to, a good place to start is with the ATPL weight and balance section of the course FougaMagister has done, then you and the crew are operating on the same level.

(FEBA old bean, hope you're well these days)