PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2005, 11:29
Vee One...Rotate

Super-Friendly Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Phantom Viffer makes a valid point, whether or not people are upset/offended by it. It is also made without using offensive language or resorting to name-calling.

Sometimes the questions on forums like this DO have an element of "Can you walk me through exactly what I should say/do at each stage please?". Not all of them of course, and maybe G-BXVK didn't mean this as much as it came across.

I think people get slightly irked at questions like this because, as everyone knows, this pilot malarky, especially sponsorship, is bloody hard work and it comes out when, on occasion, prospective applicants ask questions like what to wear for interview, what they should say when asked why they want to fly, etc.

My 2p of advice? Have confidence in your own abilities and be honest with your answers - they'll spot you a nautical mile off if you're not genuine. Don't be a wannabe clone.

Rollerboy,

This was set up as as a Wings thread but, like you say, the odd ATP slant pops up. It must be confusing sometimes for posters. I second the motion to use the right thread after a quick check!

Good luck people (as long as I'm not the competition ),

V1R