PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2005, 10:37
Oyindo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the revamp of Finger D at MMIA is a good development for the airline and travellers. However, I can't help but feel VN has an unfair competitive edge over other domestic airlines which have applied for years to use the better facilities at the international wing for their use, following the fire that gutted the old domestic terminal.
VN is a national carrier, I don’t know of any country that will disadvantage its flag carrier over others, or do you know of any? Nigeria should be no different from any of the others. VN should be encouraged, and it should also be used as a vehicle to promote and protect the countries national interest; aviation in Nigeria does not belong to any particular individual.
If it takes up to the middle of summer to get VN off the ground so be it. I can imagine what the publicity would be like if VN gets it wrong by rushing a quick start. Let’s give them all the time and support they need.

Local Airlines operating international flights will have to depart from MMIA anyway. VN using the D wing will only be a temporary measure for local flights. I can image the out cry from the local operators if the new wing at local is completed and it is given to VN for it sole use. After all WT had the sole use of it until a few years ago, then of course the mayhem started as soon as the local airlines moved in. We really do have to clean up our act to make air travel an enjoyable experience. FAAN are doing there utmost best, Nigerians must stop behaving like invalids and learn to carry their own luggage, letting touts carry it for them only, encourages them to linger around car parks, arrival and departure halls.

Last edited by Oyindo; 3rd May 2005 at 23:03.