PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour building (Africa)
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2005, 16:56
birdlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im living in SA, and have just started my SA CPL for various reasons (I started with JAA and decided to go the SA route instead). Its great flying here, and the training is excellent. However, its virtually impossible to get a work permit here let alone a job with low hours. And if your lucky enough to get a job, its probably most likely going to be as an instructor and the pay is really pathetic. If you have any debts left over from training it will be very difficult to pay back with the way the rand is at the mo (two of my old JAA instructors were actually declared bankrupt back in the UK). You might also want to try chartering work but the only place thats really going to take on a low houred pilot is Maun in Botswana and am not sure what the work situation is there at the moment. I dont mean to sound harsh here, but if you happen to be of the paler constitution and are male, you have an even lower chance of getting a work permit
You may also want to try this forum for more info if I havent put you off. www.avcom.co.za
Hope this helps