PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD Explorer
Thread: MD Explorer
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2005, 12:00
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nail the dream: You talk bollocks. Thats taking stats to the limit! Why not say that the GMP Islander can therefore cover every force in the country when that unit is not operationally on line???

Or any 24hr EC135 Unit can offer its services to all those 'Northern' forces (northskycop was on about) while they are 'unavailable'.

Silsoesid: To clarify:

I co-ordinate the stats on behalf of ALL the EC135 UK police units. The actual data is kept with the NE Unit as you may or may not be aware.

There are 2 sets of stats:
Availability to the police force they serve, including downtime due to sickness/maintenance/weather, etc.

Availability to the force based purely on serviceability of the helicopter (due to maintenance issues (scheduled and unscheduled).

I was reporting the latter.

The red herring Nail the dream was on about covers variables which are totally outside the control of any Unit (10,20,224hr shifts) and has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the thread.

The really juicy bit in all this (be it 902/109/355/135) is:

What are the availability stats for scheduled and UNSCHEDULED maintenance. Scheduled downtime is (a) projected and (b) minimal.

My previous qoute encapsulated this.

Northskycop raised interesting issues - from the horses mouth too?