PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Town Runway closed again - the debacle continues
Old 17th Apr 2005, 04:36
Goldfish Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acsa Does It Again !!!!!!!

We have been informed by ACSA that THEIR ILS (yes ACSA owns it - we do not) on runway 01 is UNSERV UFN!!!!

Dont ask us what the problem is, but the weather is achanging and we are entering the FOG season. Isn't it amazing that these things break when we need it most!

They have also told us that it will be u/s UFN. We expect it to be returned to service about 30secs after the first intercontinental longhaul diverts one morning to FAJS due to no ILS at FACT!

Please do not direct your anger at my colleagues but rather at ACSA and they can be contacted via VHF 122,65 (aka APRON office). We really have no idea what is wrong and how long it will be off. In the meantime you can get the VOR/DME plate out and expect radar vectors to that approach ( even better ask for a visual approach - much easier)

Seriously though, the time has come for someone at ACSA to be accountable for all the ''-ups recently at Cape Town International. How they can win awards and they have no reliabe ILS and no reliable runway lighting system...............

Oh well I suppose it is Africa....................... Time for IFALPA to get involved and start blacklisting the airfield. It is sorely needed.

ATNS goes to great expense to upgrade their equipment to handle the anticipated increase in traffic and all ACSA does is ensure that nothing is reliabe and works properly (or even better at all!!)

We are trying but we need your help out there to put pressure on ACSA to come to the party........