PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2005, 15:09
Xatrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jetlagger,

I'm hardly championing the REASON for the creation of the base. You obviously missed my first paragraph. But it HAS happened. YOUR union endorsed it. Real people are up there now, some your ex-colleagues. I hardly think its going to close down because a couple of old syd-based boilers try to sabotage it. If you think your posts or actions will achieve this you're p!ssing into the wind. Why the "us v them" mentality?

I wonder what source you base your FACT about the treatment of the Thai crew on? And yes i've heard the story about the captain you mentioned. Like i said, you take any large group of people, whatever they do, you are still going to have your w@nkers. Fact of life.

As for a "similar operarion" for tech crew, i think you will shortly see the creation of a Singapore basing for a certain rank. An opportunity, for those who want it, to experience living and working in another country.

And noone's blowing anything up anyones arse. Its just refreshing, and one of the few times in my career that i've seen all 16 cabin crew and 4 tech crew go out for dinner and drinks as a CREW and have a really enjoyable time.

Jai yen yen na ja!