PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2005, 13:37
jettlager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xatrix,

thanks for the reference to me in your post.
I'm not entirely sure however why you want the base to succeed?

Is it because you like the fact that it represents a 10-20 % drop in salary for the hundreds of SYD based crew that traditionally operated that sector?

Is it because it is a vehicle that denies hundreds and hundreds of Australians the opportunity of working for and representing our flag carrier?

Is it because it represents a shift away from what has traditionally made Qantas unique which is the nature and character of our onboard service and those who provide it. I can only assume of course that our marketing department spends countless millions selling "The Spirit Of Australia" for a reason........?

Is it because it lines the pockets of the already bloated senior executives salaries at our expense?

Is it because the service standards on that route have declined markedly since it's start up?

Is it because the Australian taxation department and our economy as a whole loses the income tax and buying power generated by the wages that WOULD be paid if those jobs had stayed in Australia?

Speaking of the Thais and their introduction.
Was it not a SYD based CSM that was "stood down" by one of your collegues for DARING to put two Thais upstairs AGAINST his [the Captains] permission?

It is a FACT that since start up the Thais have been treated less than favourably by the new kids on the block.
They chose to bow recently to a SYD based crew for a reason.

Granted they may be prepared to, "blown wind up your ass" which is something SYD based crew will not but I personally dont see that as reason enough to champion the base's cause.

I can only hope that geoff and his cronies have a similar operarion in store for you so that I may be the first to ask why, YOU don't support it.

Jettlager

Last edited by jettlager; 16th Apr 2005 at 13:47.