PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2005, 12:02
Xatrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry couldn't help but to post.....

Firstly let me say I too like most Qf employees are unhappy with the direction the company seems to be taking with this "sustainable futures" program. It is an attack on conditions in ALL parts of the company. Tech crew, cabin crew, engineers, ground staff. There is no doubt the opening of these new bases is an attempt to slowly erode the conditions now enjoyed. Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Jetconnect, AO all achieve this same outcome. But let me say this....

I (tech crew) have done 3 sectors now with the LHR based crew, the first 2 with Australian crew (ex short and longhaul) and the 3rd with a crew of about half poms and half aussies. I have to say, and I can say my opinion represents that of all the tech crew on board each flight, that it was an absolute pleasure to work with them. Sure most of them were "learning" (though most had some cabin experience already) but the attitude was very refreshing. Not to tar all Syd based cabin crew with the same brush, but it was like a breath of fresh air.

Jetlagger i'm not sure exactly why you want the London based to fail so urgently, or where your disdain for those crew stems. Whatever your agenda, most of the things you say, especially using the Thai crew to try and fuel your obviously desperate case, are downright laughable. You think their memory is so short as to forget the less than friendly welcome they received when they first joined 5 years ago? (Undoubtedly from people like yourself - what is the different in principle from the BKK base and the LHR base?) Trust me, it is still fresh in their minds. And they are enjoying being treated with the respect of being the "senior" crew, and feel like they now have something to offer. Out for dinner in BKK a few days ago with a group of the BKk based crew asked what they thought of the LHR based crew. Generally speaking, nice people, good attitudes, obviously still cutting their teeth, but they all remember what it was like to be new too. Far from the anti-lhr base sentiment you suggest (and obviously hoped for). Sure, like any large group of people you are bound to get a few "extremes", but i think most would find what you write quite difficult to swallow.

I for one hope (and am quite confident) the LHR base will suceed, and the doomsdayers like yourself will have to turn your irrational outbursts elsewhere.....