PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Town Runway closed again - the debacle continues
Old 16th Apr 2005, 11:04
Goldfish Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Josh what u drink??

SPoke to my colleagues and it was a red MD82 at Cape Town - they saw it actually come off. It is designed to come off quite easily as it is part of the emergency exit system at the back of the aircraft. Dont ask me how it works but luckily no-one was injured and after a few delays things got back to normal.

So we take strain with 5 aircraft. mmm like some pilots who take strain when met observce 1/8 cloud at FL400 and they want to divert around it. Just remember we are all human beings and it takes time to build up experience - maybe a new controller on the job when you last arrived in the Cape. now about student pilots, if you want to think that you are all experts and expect the same service level from each and all ATCs. No-one is perfect and we are all trying our best.

Hey TMAguide - hope the stormsers win - hell enough pilot bulls have sent me SMSs. I dont need reminding........

Guns - saw the friendly whale during the week - he is well fat and fat and full of fun. Had a drink or two with him and Sker and he is also well and sends regards

GFJ