PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2005, 02:10
Flugbegleiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has been a very interesting read although, I think it would be better to stop the *personal* attacks against each other.

I personally have nothing against any individuals in the LHR base, however, I disagree with there being a London base. Since there is, though, it may as well be crewed by Aussies who want to take the opportunity to live in London.

Before the current EBA was approved, I was totally against a London base, and back then I definitely had a problem with people applying for it. But it is too late now. It's done. Another nail in the coffin for Australian based crew. And for all I care, London can go on to become a better base than Sydney, because I personally no longer strive to provide "exceptional" customer service, or go out of my way for anyone. Like this company, I now only think about my own bottom line and I do what suits me.

I used to be very positive, happy with my job and lifestyle, despite constant change and challenges. But I really don't give a sh*t anymore. I guess I'm "disengaged". I still enjoy flying and am desperately trying to hold onto the lifestyle I enjoy, but unfortunately QF is the only international airline based in Oz, so for as long as I want to keep doing this, I have no alternative but to stay.

If you have taken the London base for your own reasons, then that's fine. Good for you. But please don't try and justify the base and claim it is a great thing. The money they are saving is coming directly from the pockets of people like me, who make most of our money from the long range/OT/allowances of trips like these. Not to mention that the reason I started flying was the lifestyle of flying on routes like these (London, Rome, Paris, Frankfurt).