PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th Apr 2005, 09:34
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
History rewrites itself...

Not much has been said about KU and SV. I guess they live in their own world and must have their good share of problems. Both Airlines do not advertise the country as a tourist destination for obvious reasons.
However, the brotheren on the other GCC started that drive last decade.
GF was the model Airline. It did not serve the ideals of the Arab Gulf World for some but ripped 2 Best Airline to the Middle East prizes in 82 and 83 and kept very good standards up a certain time and then came disaster... That was the Golden Falcon.
It spring-started a Gulf National workforce that eventually migrated to EK, QR, WY and now EY. I ain't sure about Air Arabia.
We know what happened with GF during the years. They seem to pick up the pieces now, and this according to Press reports. Are they really in teh black? I can only hope so.
EK seemed to have got the TOC sometime ago, stayed there, but it seems to be down-drifting. Is there the same syndrome?
QR does not care about profit. What's is important is to fly the flag and the name.
Cheaper, cheaper, cheaper will bear cheaper results shortly. Keep discovering.
EY is new but won't care about profit either now and in the future, as long as the barrel stays at 50USD.
However it bases its present performance on poor management credentials and skills despite all the publicity, massive expenditure on equipment just like EK last decade. The difference here being that EY has plenty more of money.
EY is banking on cheap labour from the start to produce what EK produced last decade. It'll be a total failure.
WY lives its own life and it has its own resources proper of a country that props up its own kind. Good luck to them. Most likely they will move up a gear within the next 5 years.
It's normal to see history rewritten even with bad caligraphy...
Good Management demands as much as it offers (and accomplishes) to keep their staff happy. This is written all over the place, but who follows it? The Manager that dares to do so will be on his/her way out pretty soon...