PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Seniority
Thread: QF Seniority
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2005, 00:57
sydney s/h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF Seniority

Hi All,

I know this can be a rather divided topic.... but how is the current seniority system going to work in the future?

I was in the last full-time intake on 25 July 2002 (syd s/h) and i know all about "doing you time" as a junior and have spent my fair share of time on reserve. No prob with that.

My problem is that nearly 3 years down the track not a single full-timer has been employed and the word is that it's not going to happen in the near future - or maybe ever!

SO...how is the current seniority system going to work? Does this mean for the rest of my flying career i will sit on the bottom of the pile and never get a day off i want, get a single duty i want?

As i mentioned, i have no prob being a junior and moving through the ranks...but, this doesn't seem to be the way things are going.

Is a rotational reserve a possible choice (like the L/H guys do)? Is a rotating seniority system like the 737 techies do an option?

I dont know the answer but you can only sit on the bottom of the pile for so long. AND before i get bombarded with comments like stop whinging etc... thats not what this is about.

It sucks that we have these casuals (some up to 3yrs service) and they can't get a fulltime gig with us. What were some of people thinking when the eba was voted accepting this!!

Cheers.