PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Death in Service Benefit
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2005, 20:23
4fitter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ginseng, thanks for all your efforts.

Despite the best efforts of my clerks, calls to Binnsworth, our parent unit, was you'll have to call Glasgow.

Call to Glasgow met with sullen Scottish lassie who denied all knowledge of any pensions revisions !!

Gave her the link to SoSs statement in the House which was met with " Well why didn't you do it"

End Result:

1.Ginseng saves the day.

Ginseng, thanks for all your efforts.

Despite the best efforts of my clerks, calls to Binnsworth, our parent unit, was you\'ll have to call Glasgow.

Call to Glasgow met with sullen Scottish lassie who denied all knowledge of any pensions revisions !!

Gave her the link to SoSs statement in the House which was met with " Well why didn\'t you do it"

End Result:

1.Ginseng saves the day.

2. I reluctantly abuse my rank and advise sullen lasses boss that if I get this sort of service what can my lads and lasses expect - apology expected in writing.

3. Binnsworth to be reminded that one stop shops means they do the research and leave me and my staff to get on with our primary duty.

4. Notice in SROs that all staff are to contact Chf Clk Binnsworth for further advice.

5. Soon to be social call on serious grown up where opportunity taken to advise that advice obtained from PPRUNE rather than the experts. What the hell will happen when we all have to call Glasgow for pers/allowances advice.