PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2005, 11:43
Oyindo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dejidip
There is nothing wrong generating a healthy debate; you only give us a very bad name with offensive posts, PLEASE be a bit more tactful when posting. We have, a hard enough time from bad publicity, and your post, only makes our task bit more difficult to change that image.

i believe the future of aviation lies in providing possibilities for the younger ones
During the seventies and eighties pilots progression rates were unbelievable. There were a few Capts on the DC10 by their late twenties to early thirties; while 2-3 aircraft fleet changes within 3 years was quite normal. The industry was growing rapidly with the acquisition of new aircraft. While pilots were being turned out from NCAT at a rate that graduates were put straight on to the jets, without having to go through ropes, of having to fly most little aircrafts in GA, unlike many of our counterparts in Europe and the States. It was a dream world for pilots until OBJ passed a few decrees (that's a different topic on it's own), which began the decline of the National carrier and the stagnation began. Thus the brain drain started to foreign airlines and to GA.

If you look at a few of the very successful Low cost carriers/flag carriers in Europe, the middle/far east, their unbelievable fleet expansions has forced some into recruiting low hour pilot's, SF/O’s from other airlines being offered direct entry Commands are a few examples. I have made it already known that i don't agree with the very high VN recruitment criteria, it will only prevents growth. We need a kick start and there is nothing wrong in dreaming, that in 10 years time we will have thirty year old Captains flying the A380.

Please let’s debate on sensibly

Last edited by Oyindo; 3rd May 2005 at 23:24.