PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar
Thread: Qatar
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2005, 11:32
Hajj Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diabolo,

You can move to Doha and leave your family anywhere you want to but I am sorry to tell you that the way the schedules are written it would be close to impossible to see your family regularly.

Many people do it here but the time back home for you with your family might be a 3 days off a month with the first and last of those three days as travel days. I can only go by what others have told me with the commuting to a home and family and tell you it would be HARD.

Doha is not a bad place to live in, there is worst out there but it is no luxury either. It seems to be harder with people who come here without there family as it can get very boring from time to time.

Summers are HOT and winters are warm to cool, with the cool night evert now and again. lots of beach here to drive your 4x4 and night life is very limited. you have internet to keep you busy and thats it.

This is just my opinion as Hajj Man who lives here with his family. You will get many variations on this subject but most of them will be negative I am afraid.

The one thing I can tell you for sure is that you use to be able to get 8 days off every few months, then they changed it to 4 days off in a row every few months and now "HALLAS" (Finish) you will be lucky to get 3 days off in a row.

Ohh Yeah and you will only get 8 days off total a month, sometimes you get a 9th day due to some legal flight time scheduling thing.

HM