PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin DIY and online check in
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2005, 09:06
Curious Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAXboy: glad to be of help! As far as the online stuff is concerned no, I'm not a registered user (Flying Club member?), but reading through the FAQs that isn't mentioned anywhere. It also lists the exclusion list for who can't check in on line, and we didn't qualify for that, nor should there have been a problem seating at least myself or my wife with CP Jr, as we had reserved seats together, which were honoured when we finally did check in.

However I had the necessary details to be able to access my booking details, so presumably I passed the level of security they need to make sure I was who I claimed to be. I booked via Expedia, but as they supplied the Virgin booking reference then that shouldn't have been a problem.

From the good Captain's comments it sounds like it was largely ops normal as far as the queue was concerned - I suspect that it being Easter Sunday didn't help the absenteeism stats, and indeed the cabin crew outbound were at least 1 short as they apologised for it.

Save a pound, but spend 100 pounds doing it seems to be the standard for most companies of any size these days - it certainly happens where I work. If anyone had the ba**s to compare the amount of money spent on rationalization and change with the amount save I think they'd have a shock. It explains why managers think that being in a state of perpetual change is a good thing, as it means no one can do such a study!