PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - time to 1st solo rotary
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2005, 08:58
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one thing that struck me about this thread is Whirlygirl's comment about her postings here being used against her
I was partly joking...though only partly. To put the record straight, I've received huge amounts of help and support from other pilots, both on and off PPRuNe. But PPRuNe can be read by ANYONE, and is. And most of them don't find it too hard to work out who a female helicopter instructor from North Wales really is; it's not like there are hundreds of us. Just occasionally I've found that there are peole waiting, just waiting, for a reason to flame or criticise me. It happens mainly on the Private Flying forum, not here, and I suspect it's partly jealousy. Whatever, I'd like to keep my tentative hold on a job in rotary aviation, and I've decided that a teeny weeny bit of discretion on PPRune is maybe a good idea. Not that I always stick to it, as you've probably gathered.

What I really mean is, most of this lot are a nice bunch...even though they sometimes hide it well. But there are just a few....

I'm not paranoid; it's just that people persecute me.