PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest usable broadband?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2005, 08:12
spekesoftly

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
With other ISP prices seemingly set to fall, it looks as though I might have picked the wrong moment to sign up with Pipex broadband, just a few weeks ago! Whilst their minimum contract period is only one month, they do charge a £58-75 cancellation fee during the first 12 months - but fair enough, given that there was no set-up fee etc. As a new customer, I started from day one with the 'up-graded' Solo package which provides 1Mbps for £23-44/month, although I invariably see speeds of 2Mbps plus. (As our local exchange has only recently been ADSL enabled, I suspect that my contention ratio is low at present; future increased take-up may see that change).

We have been very impressed with Pipex, right from day one. Their ordering process was quick and efficient, and they had me painlessly connected three days ahead of schedule (for which I suppose I must also give some begrudging credit to BT for their part!). Having subsequently added a wireless router, broadband is now available throughout the house, and the whole family is delighted. So even though Pipex may now look expensive compared to some, I'm a very satisfied customer.