PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Pilot Seats....Crimes against Humanity!
Old 13th Apr 2005, 14:21
SASless

Received 512 Likes on 214 Posts
Nick Lappos you scandulous swine! Take yourself down to the hangar floor where you work....set yer wide bodied butt down in one of the seats in the front end of one of those Gulfstreams....then tell me about helicopter seats.

As the man said....10 Million for the aircraft....and a VW Jetta has better seats....heck...my 13 year old Ford pickup truck has a better seat now after 250,000 miles than any helicopter I ever flew.

So...Mr. Lappos....knock it off and get a grasp of reality....you ain't selling them anymore.

Better yet....as a litmus test....take yer best Sikorsky seat and put it into a Gulfstream.....see how long it takes for the pilots to refuse to sit in it! Would you let me send you a Jetranger seat and trade it for your office chair.....do a sit test for a month then tell me how good they are?

Your point about building a seat that will make everyone happy is a nearly impossible chore...but Nick...old buddy...the industry has a very long way to go in this part of the design/build effort.