PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - April Performance exam !!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2005, 14:03
Icarusthesecond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Performance update.

Well f**k my old boots!!

As one of the Muppets that sat the exam, I voiced my concerns to the CAA at 11:43 today. By 3pm I had a response. This is a back brief:

As they say in those documentaries, the names of the characters have been changed to protect their identity.

CAA (we’ll call Julie). The CAA are hot footing about this exam. They have sent it to the performance honcho at the JAA. We work it out on a % exam time to answer questions and a % exam time. There seems to be an issue with this exam that there was not enough time to do the questions, let alone to check the answers. We are also looking at the spread of the answers to see if they are a contributing factor to the time issue. (i.e. as some were slap bang in the middle and required extra working out).

Once the review is complete, if there is credits to be given, we will either remove the questions before marking, e.g. 31 questions instead of 34. Or we will individually credit people accordingly.

We normally get the results to the candidates before the 10 days (not with my mange-ridden postman) but we expect due to this issue, we will take the full ten days.

Once the outcome has been decided, we will send letters to the ground schools informing them of the decision and also a letter to each candidate that sat the exam.

Disclaimer:

Don’t get your hopes up, but the strong tone of the conversation was one of resignation that an error had occurred and that they were going to make good!! Whether anything comes of this we await and see, but full marks to the CAA for a quick response and now I genuinely believe that they are taking this extremely seriously.

Good luck one and all.