PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2005, 11:38
NIJASEA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jobs

Gentlemen,
After reading what has been written it still worries me that we are dancing around the issue. Okada, Kabo and even Bellview Airlines took pilots straight out of school on BAC-111, B727 and B737 without disasterous consequencies what makes VN so different as some said they are going to operate locally initially so why the harsh requirments. We dont use JAA here in nigeria to fly and i have flown foreign registered aircraft on dispensation on more than one occassion. Once a pilot has a very good initial training the chances are high s/he will be a good pilot no matter what they fly. I personnaly think a national carrier is a blessing and if it takes Richie to give it to us, so be it.
On the subject of racism let me say i aint close to being racist, but take a look at requirements in UK companies!!!
Those who have felt it know what i am talking about.....
TRAINNING CAPTAINS: OK
CAPTAINS AND FO: THINK NOT.
Can someone tell me how many nigerian F/Os have a jaa state issued ATPL or even how many F/Os have any sort of ATPL and 3000hrs JET in nigeria.
If we meet those requirements i think Richie should give us a job at VA flying out of lagos on the 747/340.
By the way AERO had/has an expat F/O building hours till he gets a better job. CHECK IT OUT.