PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawainan Aviation 767 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2005, 23:23
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For f#@ks sake Sheepie!!! Why is it that some of you guys keep asking HERE whether or not you'd get a look in at these jobs.
The people to ask are the contracting agencies.

(From what one of the PARC contract managers said to me some time back, you probably would have a chance, Sheep Guts - but there's only one way you'll EVER know for sure, isn't there?!!)

The 5 months covers all the theory and the exams you are required to do for the issue of a Japanese ATPL - it's a full (stand alone) JCAB licence and not a validation of an existing licence, as is the case in other Asian countries.
It also includes your sim training and JCAB sim check.
Additionally you will have to do the ground school (again) for the aircraft - even if you are already type rated.

After the 5-7 months ground training, you will then do your line training followed by JCAB check(s). In the case of our course, we had THREE JCAB ctl's - by 3 different examiners - before we received final line clearance.
Subsequent courses were cut back to TWO, and later on to ONE.

All in all, you are looking at almost 12 months from initial joining to final checkout.

Semi-permanent acceptability doesn't occur until after about 3 years. I'm in my 6th year here now, but even the newest Japanese Captain is regarded as "superior" to we gaijin.
(Senior management pilots have TOTAL times of 6-9,000 hours).