PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2005, 23:21
Stereolab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Geisha of Japan?

You guys act like Japan is going to start launching aircraft carriers and attack someone. I understand many of you work in Japan and may have negative experiences with the culture...that's fine.
But making references to the Japanese being "two-faced" is a reference I could say about any culture. This "Japan is the evil empire" stuff is too much.

Politically, Japan has very little power...they do exactly what the United States tells them to do. You guys need to click on my link above and read that article in Metropolis. Japan has done many horrible things in their past, and have been accused of not giving a "full" apology. Well, I know Japan has given BILLIONS of dollars for years to China and Korea for economic aid and reperations.

I'm not defending Japan for it's past, but I will say that China's anger is missplaced and the "Japan" they are angry with does not exist anymore.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. The Beijing New International Airport: Japan paid for 25% of the costs, yet there was no mention of that from the Chinese Government. I could give other examples financial aid packages. Also, China has replaced the United States as Japan's number one exporter. All this anger towards Japan is for show only...

Last edited by Stereolab; 12th Apr 2005 at 23:31.