PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Pilot Seats....Crimes against Humanity!
Old 12th Apr 2005, 22:55
Buitenzorg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetRanger seats qualify as a crime against humanity. LongRanger seats are marginally better, just scandalous I'd say. In contrast, personally I've found the high-back 350/355 seats quite decent (lowered expectations maybe?), I can function in that cockpit for up to 5 hours without back aches.

I think the CEO of Bell Helicopters should be sued and forced to trade his fancy swivel leather luxury for an off the self Jet Ranger seat until the engineers come up with something better.
Passed nem con .

About options for B206 and B212 seats: a company called Oregon Aero make STC'd seats for these (and other) models, upholstered with open-cell foam. People that I've talked with who've used them cannot get enough superlatives in one sentence to describe them, the only potential problem is going to sleep they're so comfy! When I looked into them years ago they ran about US$900 per seat.

Oregon Aero also make seat and combo seat-lower back cushions from the same material, owners of these who use them in 206s tend to guard them like their first-borns...