PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Fuel Gauge Err Codes
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2005, 18:44
spannersatcx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

We have a similar scenario on our 747-200 freighters. If an error code is displayed on a qty ind then the crew WILL write it in the tech log and we WILL action it.

Now in the M(aintenance) part of the MEL it says
"With digital fuel quantity gauges installed, ERR and an error code may be displayed when the indicator test switch is pressed.
When ERR and error code 1, 3 or 6 are displayed, the fuel quantity indicator reading will be normal and the gauge is considered to be operating normally.
With other codes displayed, the gauge reading will be zero or blank and it must be considered inoperative."

Although the codes may be different as is the system, what this means to me is that I will either fix the fault or if I can't do that then I will raise an ADD. This is where the crux of the matter is, if you read what it says - there is an error but it does not affect the indicator reading - what that means is I don't have to carry out the rest of the maintenance procedure which is to then carry out fuelling by drip sticks.

So the upshot is, yes there is a fault, yes you should write it up, yes it should be fixed or MEL'd, and if it is an error code that does affect the indicator reading THEN stick checks are required.

Clear as mud me thinks!!

Just a quick edit, I don't know off the top of my head what the actual codes mean, however we do have a Manual Bulletin at work that does give the codes and what they mean, when next at work I will have a look if you like, but they are for 747!