PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weekend away- Where to??
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2005, 10:05
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new pilot who hasn't really nav'd anywhere since getting my PPL-
I would do a few shorter navs with your friends first, maybee to Mudgee, or the hunter region, as taking mates on your first real nav will be very distracting! not a good thing while trying to build confidence! plenty of wineries up that way worth looking at. i think some actually have their own airstrips.

Port is an interesting place to go, and relativly good night life. Coffs is good also. also Morouya on the south coast. though the night life there well, is umm....

Or look for a B&S somewhere out west! good fun, free booze! very easy woman! (condoms included in price, as well as food and Booze) just remember to ware a flano and akubra! usually you will find em at Condobolin, dubbo, Parkes, central NSW. and also a good 2 hr flight away.

oce you get a bit more experience, you can do navs to Surfers with your mates! always a good weekend there!

as for refuelling, no different from filling your car and using your eftpos card in the bowser. except that you obviously need to earth first.

walk up to pump, connect earth to earth point on aircraft, swipe card put in PIN number!
, pump will tell you too take fuel. drag out fuel hose, and filler up!
when you return the nozzel, the pump will spit out a receipt! , remove earth